safety and health in the organization
1. Demonstrate overall Human Resource concepts, goals and strategies within the context of organizations goals and strategies (Lo 1.1).
2. Ability to examine the role of Employees as a strategic partner in an organization. (Lo 1.9).
3. Demonstrate ability to think independently and systematically on the major HR-related laws in realistic cases or scenarios. (Lo 3.7).
TOPIC: EMPLOYEE HEALTH AND SAFETY IN THE ORGANIZATION
Organization officials have a legal and moral responsibility to ensure that the workplace is free from unnecessary hazards. Employers hold responsibility for understanding what is necessary to keep workers safe from harm. Conditions surrounding the workplace must be secure for employee’s physical and mental health. As many organizations have implemented wellness program, that focus on smoking cessation, weight control, stress management, early diagnosis of health problems, prevention and education about life-style related and contagious illness. Wellness program can cut Employers health cost and lower absenteeism by preventing health related problems.
Reference: Textbook- DeCenzo, D. A., & Robbins, S. P. (2013). Human resource management , Chapter 13 Health and Safety.
- Describe the role of HR in offering Healthy and safe work environment to the workers. Also write the ways that Occupational Safety and Health Administration OSHA assist employers in creating a safer workplace.
- Discuss the purpose and significance of Wellness Programs/Disease Management in the Organization. Support your answer with the example of two companies that provide these programs to their workers.
- If you’re HR Manager, how can you support your employees during the Public Health Emergency/Outbreak? Present your HR planning to run the organization effectively along with employees’ safety.
(with references APA style)