Research the responsibility of a critical thinker in a contemporary society You may choose any topic that deals with a contemporary social concern
Research the responsibility of a critical thinker in a contemporary society. You may choose any topic that deals with a contemporary social concern. Examine the principles of critical thought in relation to the chosen societal concern, and consider the importance of ethics, moral reasoning, a research-based process to search for truth, and the advantages of information technology in gathering data.
Potential social concerns include, but are not limited to health (obesity)
Research Paper should:
- Include a literature review of three scholarly sources based on the selected contemporary issue. Analyze the validity of the author’s arguments and/or biases.
- Explain how academic knowledge impacts the social elements and institutions of both local and global communities.
- Assess how the principles of active citizenship could impact the contemporary issue during the next five to ten years.
- Include at least one reference to a multimedia component (i.e., podcast, interactive website, blog, or video) and evaluate the relevance of this piece in relationship to academic knowledge and the selected issue.
The paper must be 12 to 14 pages in length (excluding the title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style. You must use at least 12 scholarly sources. Cite your sources within the text of your paper and on the reference page.
The Final Research Paper:
- Must be 12 to 14 double-spaced pages in length, and formatted according to APA style.
- Must include a title page with the following: Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
- Must aIDress the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least 12 scholarly sources
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate reference page