research suggests that treatment of substance use disorders is more effective for sustained recovery
- Submit paper details for free using our simple order form
- Add funds to your account. There are no upfront payments. The writer will only be paid once you have approved your paper
- The best qualified expert writer is assigned to work on your order
- Your paper is written to standard and delivered as per your instructions
- Download the completed paper from your online account or your email
- You can request a plagiarism and quality report along with your paper
Research suggests that treatment of substance use disorders is more effective for sustained recovery. We also know that the longer someone remains in treatment, the more likely the person is to have sustained recovery. From a social work lens, discuss how you would approach a client about entering treatment. How would you discuss this with the client’s family? How will you determine what level of care will best serve the client’s immediate needs? What will you recommend for the family? How will you explain this to the family? How will you introduce the idea of 12-step meetings to the client?
300 Words APA format
- Textbook Van Wormer, K. & Davis, D.R. (2018). Chapter 6 (pp. 246-293), Chapter 8 (pp. 313-351), & Chapter 9 (pp. 353-387).
- Textbook Sheff, D. (2013). Parts IV & V (Chapters 9-14).
- Koehn, C., O’Neill, L. & Sherry, J. (2012). Hope-focused interventions in substance abuse counseling. International Journal of Mental Health & Addiction, 1(3), 441-452.
- Cooper, S.E. (2018). A primer on college student substance use disorders screening, assessment, and treatment planning. Journal of College Student Psychotherapy, 32(1), 73-89.
- Mowbray, O. & Quinn, A. (2016). A scoping review of treatments for older adults with substance use problems. Research on Social Work Practice, 26(1), 74-87.
- Crits-Christoph, P., Connolly-Gibbons, M.B., Johnson, J.E., & Gallop, R. (2013). Process predictors of the outcome of group drug counseling. Journal of Consulting & Clinical Psychology, 81(1), 23-34.
- Donovan, D. M., Ingalsbe, M. H., Benbow, J., & Daley, D. C. (2013). 12-step interventions and mutual support programs for substance use disorders An overview. Social Work in Public Health, 28(0), 313–332. http//doi.org/10.1080/19371918.2013.774663.
- National Institute on Drug Abuse What is Drug Addiction Treatment?
- National Institute on Drug Abuse Principles of Drug Addiction Treatment
- National Institute on Drug Abuse Substance Abuse Counseling Techniques
- Treatment Solutions Substance Abuse Treatment Therapy Models
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration Treatments for Substance Use Disorders
- Optional Textbook Vaughn, M. & Perron, B. (2013). Chapters 6–8 (pp. 87–136), Chapter 11 (pp. 183-195), & Chapter 13 (pp. 213-224).
Consider Your Assignments Done
See Why Our Clients Hire Us Again And Again!
Nursing Specialist Help Promises You:
When you order form the best, some of your greatest problems as a student are solved!