Addressing A Diversity Conflict – Nursing Specialists Help
Option #1: Addressing a Diversity Conflict
As a leader in your organization, you know your people, and they know you. The employees see you as trustworthy. You are always encouraging employees to grow and excel to the best of their abilities. This understanding has allowed you to influence team members to continue doing what is needed and to change behaviors and attitudes that hold back the success of the team and organization. In your organization, you are beginning to encounter a pervasive belief that diversity and excellence are somehow in conflict. Answer the following questions:
- In your experience, what are the challenges faced by members of historically underrepresented groups in your organization?
- What strategies have you used to address these challenges, and how successful were those strategies?
- How do you conceptualize the relationship between diversity and excellence?
- What kinds of leadership efforts would you undertake to encourage a commitment to excellence through diversity?
- Explain the importance of a global perspective and an integrated approach to diversity and inclusion to your employees.
- 4 pages in length (not including title or reference pages) and be formatted according to the CSU Global Guide to Writing and APA Requirements (Links to an external site.).
- Be sure to discuss and reference concepts taken from the course reading material and relevant research.
- minimum of 6 credible, academic, or professional references beyond the text or other course materials (at least two scholarly/peer-reviewed from the CSU Global Library).